- Canada’s Songs Bring Heritage to Life with New Online Education Program from Magic Lantern Media Inc. in collaboration with the Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame (09/23/2014)
- Magic Lantern Media Adds BBC Titles to its Canadian Distribution Catalogue (09/09/2014)
- NEW 2014 - Brand NEW titles now on Access Learning (02/06/2014)
- Jobs People Do Inc. Launches New Resources for Elementary Students and Teachers (10/23/2013)
- Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame and Magic Lantern Media bring the soul of a nation to the classroom (07/15/2013)
- New Content Added for 2013 (03/01/2013)
- Magic Lantern Media Inc. Launches AccessSTEM in Canada and Signs Definitive Agreement with Defined Learning Inc. (01/17/2013)
- Access Learning Welcomes Over 10,000 Educational Users from Atlantic Canada (10/01/2012)
- ERAC includes 'Access Learning' for BC Digital Classroom Resources (08/09/2012)
- Distribution Access Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Jobs People Do Inc. (12/30/2011)
- Distribution Access Adds In-App Purchase of Videos to their Free iTunes App (09/13/2011)
- Distribution Access Launches Three New Video Apps now available on iTunes (03/17/2011)
- Canadian Geographic Kids Explore Canada (05/11/2010)
- Science and The City with Alan Nursall (05/11/2010)
- Daily Planet Chooses Access Learning (12/15/2009)
- Intelecom's Best Now Included (12/15/2009)
- Next Generation of Educational Video Delivery Now In Canada (12/15/2009)
Jobs People Do Inc. Launches New Resources for Elementary Students and Teachers
Toronto, ON – October 21, 2013
Jobs People Do Inc. and Distribution Access, a division of Magic Lantern Media and Canada’s leading distributor of educational video content to schools and students, are happy to announce that JobsPeopleDo.com now provides information and resources to elementary-aged students and their teachers.
The new Elementary section on www.JobsPeopleDo.com will provide students in Grades K-8 with invaluable information about careers in a way that is fun and easy to understand. By capturing their imagination with short, punchy articles and speaking in the voice of their peers, Elementary students will be exposed to a myriad of career options at a young age.
"Our new Elementary page will allow younger students to see over 600 jobs 'in action', thanks to our extensive career video library", says Gale Blaylock, Creator and Senior Vice President of Jobs People Do Inc. "Students are expected to have chosen a career by Grade 10, and by allowing them to see career options that they did not even know existed while they are still in Elementary school will help to provide them with inspiration . Our Elementary-focused page will ensure students find something that they resonate with and will give them the opportunity to identify their innate skills and aptitudes at an early age."
In addition to articles and career information geared towards Elementary students, JobsPeopleDo.com is proud to provide activities for the teachers of these students to help guide them on their path to career discovery. "Our Elementary Activities page gives teachers the tools to walk with their students along that path to self discovery," says Blaylock. "Showing young students that they can be whatever they want to be, and finding their true calling, is very important to us here at Jobs People Do."
JobsPeopleDo.com is accessed by thousands of students across Canada every day that are looking for career guidance, and the addition of the new Elementary page will expand its reach even further. JobsPeopleDo.com is available in English and French so students can access all of the content in their preferred language.
About Magic Lantern Media Inc.:
Magic Lantern Media Inc. is a leading Canadian multi-media company integrating distribution, production, television and digital applications serving the education and broadcast industries. The company operates from offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Saint John, with over 50 agents and representatives worldwide.
About Jobs People Do:
The JobsPeopleDo.com website is designed for the 1.8 million plus Canadian students in elementary school and ages 12-18 who are required to identify career choices that interest them and select the appropriate academic requirements needed for a career in that chosen field.
About Distribution Access:
Since 1997, Distribution Access has been providing schools, libraries, businesses, community organizations and life-long learners with award-winning multi-platform productions on a wide variety of subjects.
For more information contact:
E: mail: email@example.com